This website and the related services (collectively the “Website”) is operated by World
Company DWC-LLC (“WPL”, “us”, “we” and “our”).
If you choose to limit the way in which you want us to collect, use or disclose any information, then you acknowledge that some aspects of the Website and/or our services may not be available to you.
This Policy, as well as your access to the Website, is subject to and governed by the laws of the
Emirate of Dubai and the applicable federal laws of the United Arab Emirates. Any dispute regarding
this Policy or the handling of your personal data will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in the Emirate of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our Website,
including but not limited to when you purchase goods and services from us, when you visit
events, when we carry out market research, when you subscribe to a newsletter, when you
customer services and when you enter our competitions. This will typically be provided
you and may include information you provide on registration or in the process of a purchase,
your name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, email address, and marketing
preferences. The details being provided by you will be made clear in forms you complete or
provided directly by you in surveys, in purchasing products or services, in entering
competitions or in
volunteering information in communications or content you provide to us.
When you visit our Website, we may also collect, process and use information about you and your use of our Website, including your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, operating system, any forums you visit, a log of the visited pages and how you arrived at our Website. Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail use of “cookies” or other tracking technologies, IP addresses or other numeric codes used to identify your computer. For more information on cookies please see the section below titled Cookies and other tracking technologies.
What personal data do we generate or receive from third parties?
We may generate or collect information about you ourselves. In an online context, much of
set out in the section below titled Cookies and other tracking technologies. In an offline
may collect information about you through purchases of products or services, entering into
party competitions, in completing health and safety records or by keeping access records of
We also receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you login to a site or app using Facebook Connect you will be asked if you wish to share information from your Facebook
account with us. Similarly, if you use a “like” or a “share” button for a feature on our Website, then the third party will share information with us. We sometimes will receive relevant information from third party ticketing sites or ticketing agencies, to manage your purchases. We also receive information about individuals that the police or other sport stakeholders recommend or require us to ban from our events. We may also obtain information about you from third party demographics providers, which we may use to better understand our users and send them appropriate offers and information. If we provide online services to a person under the age of 21 where parental consent is required, we may ask for a parent’s email address, in order to ask for consent.
How do we use your personal data, and what is the legal basis for this use?
To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you
make a purchase from us or enter a competition we run. This includes:
- verifying your identity;
- taking payments;
- communicating with you;
- administering the competition (where relevant); and
- providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products, prizes or services.
As required by us to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested and to respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of our Website and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and Website, both online and offline;
- we use information you provide to personalise our Website, products or services for you;
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, we also use third parties to check the validity of the payment details you submit in order to prevent fraud;
- we use information you provide as well as information which we have collected about you to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our Website and our products or services;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research.
For purposes which are required by law:
- where you exercise your rights under any data protection law and make associated requests;
- where we are required to hold or collect personal data to meet legal requirements on us, such as keeping health and safety records, details of purchases or ensuring banned spectators are not given access to our events;
- where we need parental consent to provide online services to children; and
- where in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Where you give us consent by utilizing our Website, products and/or services:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us and carefully selected partners and sponsors;
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Consent (also refer to the section below titled Cookies and other tracking technologies) and the information provided to you when those technologies are used; and
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
Where you give us your explicit consent, when you provide us with personal data about
your health, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with tailored services
- To help us investigate an incident which may have taken place at our events.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us on ________.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
We will share your personal data with other companies in our corporate group.
We will share your personal data with the data processors that help us to provide our services. Any data processors with whom we share your personal data are limited (by law and by contract) in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us. We will always ensure that any data processors with whom we share your personal data are subject to privacy and security obligations consistent with this Policy and applicable laws.
If you have consented, we will share your personal data with other trusted third parties, for example our commercial partners and the sponsors we work with, so that they can use your personal data for marketing or promotional purposes by sending you information about related products or services that may be of interest to you.
We will also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share your personal data, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Website, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing and advertising partners, and other service providers who need access to such Personal Data to carry out work on our behalf or to perform a contract we enter into with them; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or other persons. This may include exchanging personal data with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.